- Born February 7, 1954, in Moscow.
- 1976 – graduated from Moscow State University.
- 1976–1993 – worked at the All-Union Scientific Research Institute of Geophysical Prospecting Methods.
- 1993–1994 – deputy director of Geomidl limited liability company.
- 1994–1995 – executive director of Tereza, a Russian branch of the French association Medical and Social Assistance to Russia.
- 1995–1999 – head of department, President of Federal Stock Corporation open joint-stock company.
- 1999–2000 – Aide to the Chief of Staff of the Presidential Executive Office.
- 2000–2003 – First Deputy Government Chief of Staff.
- 2003–2004 – First Deputy Head of the Secretariat of the Chief of Staff of the Presidential Executive Office.
- 2004–2007 – Deputy Health and Social Development Minister.
- 2007–2008 – Deputy Economic Development and Trade Minister.
- 2008–2012 – Deputy Economic Development Minister.
- 2012–2013 – First Deputy Government Chief of Staff.
- From August 2013 – Presidential Adviser.