- Born on May 25 in Engels, Saratov Region.
- Graduated from Lomonosov Moscow State University.
- 1986 – 1987
- Engineer at the National Research Institute for Economic Aspects in the Development of Science and Technology.
- 1987 – 1992
- Served in the Armed Forces of the USSR and Russia.
- 1992 – 1993
- Senior economist at the Financial Analysis Department, Economic Planning Division; Deputy Chief Accountant for automation and financial analysis at Inkombank.
- 1993 – 1994
- Chairman of the Management Board, Lanta-Bank.
- Chairman of the Management Board, Zolotobank.
- 1994 – 1998
- Deputy Head of the Currency and Financial Operations Division; First Deputy CFO at the Financial Management Division; Chief Accountant; First Vice-President at Inkombank.
- 1998 – 2000
- First Deputy Chairman of the Management Board, First Vice-President at National Reserve Bank.
- 2000 – 2002
- Deputy Chairman of the Management Board at Sberbank.
- 2002 – 2008
- Deputy Director General, Deputy CEO at Norilsk Nickel MMC.
- 2008 – 2009
- Adviser to the Director General of Rostec Corporation.
- Executive Vice-President for Strategy, Finance, Economics and Corporate Governance, Executive Vice-President at Avtovaz.
- 2009 – 2013
- President, Avtovaz.
- 2013 – 2014
- Deputy Head of the Federal Space Agency.
- 2014 – 2015
- Director General of United Rocket and Space Corporation.
- Head of the Federal Space Agency.
- 2015 – 2018
- Director General of Roscosmos State Corporation.
- Deputy Minister of Science and Higher Education of the Russian Federation.
- Since September 7 – Presidential Plenipotentiary Envoy to the Volga Federal District.
- Recipient of the Order of Honour, Order of the Legion of Honour (France) and the Order of Friendship (Dostyk Order), 1 class (Republic of Kazakhstan).
- Married, with five children.